Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fun in the HOT Sun

Today was a great day! The coupler for the bike trailer arrived, and Noorah and I wasted no time running out to the shed and setting it right up! We couldn't wait for Zayd to wake up from his nap so we could take it for a spin! In hindsight, we may have been stomping around the house a little more loudly than normal.....But he finally woke up, and within minutes both kids were helmeted and strapped in!

Too bad it was 85 degrees out with the sun beating down, we only made it for about 20 minutes before we were too hot.  Oh well, the goal for tomorrow is to use the bike for grocery shopping.  The nearest grocery store is 1.7 miles away. I just have to head out early enough to beat the heat. I figured this is a great way for me to get excercisd, be outdoors, and take the kids with me. I really don't like to work out simply for the sake of working out.  Give me yard work, a long hike, building something, tearing something down. I want to accomplish something, or get somewhere in the process. I know, I know, a healthy body is an accomplishment...but I want to see immediate results.  A freshly cut lawn or a rebuilt deck.  So my bike will be my transportation as much as possible this summer, as long as I can find side roads so I'm not on the busy streets, and  I don't have to show up looking or smelling too nice. 

When we came home, it was straight to the backyard to fill up the kiddie pool. This is also a great way to water my garden. The first thing Noorah wants to do when you put water in the pool is dump it out, one bucket at a time....SO I just pointed out the areas that needed to be dumped on. 
Alot of our baby plants got killed off in a surprise frost when we were out of town.  It wasn't supposed to be anywhere near freezing while we were gone, but of course I re-checked the weather when we checked into our hotel and 29 degrees over night...sheesh.  A lot of the beans, sweet peas, and corn were too far gone, but luckily we still had time to replant more seeds.  So now, we are excitedly checking the garden again to find fresh new seedlings every morning! They are loving this heat, and the heavy rains too!

No comments:

Post a Comment